Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday missives

Apologies for the lapse in posting over the last few days (all two of you), but life has become busy. Luckily there hasn't been too much going on in Caps land, apart from Joe Motzko getting the call-up and the good news that Boyd Gordon and Alex Ovechkin should be just fine to skate in tomorrow's match against the Islanders.

My absence will continue this weekend, as I have to catch an early morning flight to Florida on Sunday to kick off my first vacation in over two years (graduating from college, finding a job and an apartment, getting settled, and moving up in the world haven't left me too much leisure time). I'll be toasting the Caps from the shores of Key West, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


As far as my thoughts on the recent play of the Caps goes - all I have to say is this: The rebuild may be over, but we have a world of growing pains yet to go through before this team is a solid contender. AO has been playing the best hockey of his career, Mike Green has been doing shockingly well at keeping pace with the Russian machine, Boyd Gordon - as his absence in the last two games proves - has been the anchor of the checking line and penalty kill, Olie Kolzig still has it, and Brent Johnson hasn't been terrible. There are plenty of positives to take away after these first five games, and if you had told me a month ago that the Caps would start 3-2, I'd have been a happy camper.

No comments: